Lemon Ginger Chicken Noodle Soup
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
Traditional chicken noodle soup is refreshed with lemon juice, ginger and herbs for added flavor that the whole family will enjoy.
- 1 carton (32 oz.) College Inn® Chicken Broth
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts , cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 carrots , sliced
- 3 stalks celery , sliced
- 1 medium onion , chopped
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 cup dry medium egg noodles
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley , basil or cilantro
- 1/2 cup frozen peas , optional
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Add carrots, celery, onion, ginger and garlic; cook 5 minutes or until onions are softened, stirring constantly.
2. Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 5 minutes. Add noodles. Cover and simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until noodles are tender. Stir in lemon juice and parsley; add peas, if desired. Season to taste with salt and pepper.